Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Little Bit of Faith

Today has been a hard day. I can’t quite explain why, but this morning I woke up with the strongest longing. No matter what I do I can’t get one little face out of my mind… Faith. Anyone who has talked to me since I have gotten home from Uganda, or anyone who has even glanced at my Instagram, knows Faith already. She quickly captured my heart during my five weeks in Africa, and still hasn’t let go. I can close my eyes now and still see the way her eyes would light up when she would see me first thing in the morning. I can picture her starting to running towards me with her arms spread wide, yelling “Auntie Kate” while jumping into my arms. I can hear her say “Auntie Kate you see” as she would jump from the side of the sand box and land flat into the the sand. I can see her smile as I would push her on the swing and then threaten to tickle her belly as she giggled uncontrollably. I can still hear her whisper “Auntie Kate loves me” before she would leave to go home at the end of each day. 

As I sit here and remember Faithy I am reminded of my relationship with Jesus. Here is a little secret...Faith wasn’t always my best friend at the James Place. While I fell in love with her at first sight, her affection for me took some time. You see, Faith reminds me of myself in so many ways. She is so stubborn and so determined to do things her on way, she is slow to trust, and is about as spoiled as a little girl can be. Like Faith, when it comes to my relationship with Jesus, I am so stubborn. At times it so hard for me to be patient. I know that everything is good and perfect in his own timing but I so often just want to do things in my own time and in my own way. I too am slow to trust the Lord more often than not. I constantly have to be reminded that even if I can’t see it now, He has a plan and He loves me. And I too am about as spoiled as a girl can be. Jesus has blessed me with a life far greater than I ever could deserve, and I take that for granted way too often. It is when I think about this love that I have for Faithy that I truly am reminded of the relentless love that Jesus has for me. 


Since I have left Uganda there have been many good days, and many bad days. I haven’t been quite able to talk about much of my time there yet. But my feet aren’t stained red from the dirt anymore, I no longer have bug bites covering my ankles, and I am finally beginning to realize… I am not in Africa anymore. As hard as some days have been, it’s the memories like these ones I have shared with you about Faithy that make each day a little bit better. It may take some time, but I can’t wait to share even more of these memories with the people who allowed me to experience them. 


XOXO,
Katie 

"In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:37-39











No comments:

Post a Comment